Thursday, November 22, 2007

the feverish mind

a note on this entry. it was written over a month ago during my visit to Malaysia, i post it now, as it places the fundamental "first brick" for any subsequent ideas i may have. i usually tend to edit/redraft whatever i write, but this time, i'll leave it as is: Raw. you may get an idea of the haphazard/spontanous thought process i was going through
----------
the 11th of October 2007
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumper, Malaysia

I haven’t written a word since December of last year. Inspiration comes to me in the weirdest situations. My mind is forever ticking; forever turning, churning the entity we call thought. It’s not that I don’t have anything to write about, it’s not that I forgot how to photograph, I just don’t want to, not willing to, not enthusiastic enough.

The ink is spilling again, and due to my current physical state: I feel trapped in this diseased body, chills to the core, and sweat like a monsoon. This is spontaneous, I haven’t got a clue what I’m about to write next. But it’s a form of release, an escape if you will. Let this feverish mind take it away. I’ll let my Prometheus unbound.

Any concept as a whole is enormous, usually too big to comprehend, therefore an initial point is required, the first step, the metaphoric first brick. Reduce anything and everything into fundamentals, ask a question.

What is Quality?

We repeat what others have said, and done. That is simply dull, what we need to do is “re-see”. People contradict themselves: we want to be unique yet march with the crowd!
And we seek acceptance so badly, even we who have seen the façade and rise above it all, seek to be accepted by our peers, at least I believe so.

I’m not making sense am I? I wonder if a feverish mind read this, would it make any more sense? The chills are all over again, let me get my hoodie, before the sweat becomes too cold to bear.

Let’s go back to my random question, “what is quality?” you see quality is a philosophical phenomena; some people like to call it by the philosophical branch known as aesthetics.
Could anybody answer the question? Quality can not be defined, but it is ever present, and most of us, when comparing simple products, be it garments, fruit, cars,even an idea, given all the information required, can tell what is better. But that does not define quality. is it longevity, taste, color, material, content, etc, these are all so-called “qualities” that ultimately do not apply to everything. Why is it, that I cannot scientifically measure quality? Does this make quality a subjective matter?


i think i'm developing more than just a common cold.
i'm too tired to think
salvation in coma.

Listening to: "Attack" and "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
Reading: my palm
Watching: a fountain
Playing: Russian Roulette with my health
Eating: nothing
Drinking: nothing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home